MINISTRY TEAM NEWS:
• No meetings scheduled. See Greg York for more information.
• Please sign up and plan to “shadow” for a week or two prior to observe how we’re using our time with the kids. See Karen Wuest or Liz Bruner for more information.
• Those interested in music (singers and/or musicians – leading worship is not a requirement) see Tom Wuest or someone on the worship team for more information. Those interested in participating in the preparation of liturgy materials to be used in our weekly gatherings, please see Laura McNeel.
Community Engagement Team
• Serving our neighbors and neighborhood and fostering lasting, loving relationships.
• No meetings scheduled. See Mandy McLaughlin for more information.
SERVE ON SUNDAYS:
Sign-up to bring eucharist bread and to volunteers with the kids (age groups are 0-4yrs and 5+yrs).
See Don or Janet McNeel if you’re interested in being a Eucharist server.
PRACTICES THAT MEMBERS COVENANT TO LIVE INTO:
- Partaking of eucharist (communion)
- Faithful participation in weekly gatherings and times of communal prayer
- Faithful service to the church and to the community in a specific, God-gifted role
- Faithful participation in discipling relationships (such as in small groups)
- Getting to know, and faithfully praying for, one’s immediate neighbors
- Faithfully assisting in VC-hosted community meals
- Faithful participation in decision making, including the selection of leaders
- Faithfully praying for VC and its leaders
- Faithfully giving at least 5% of one’s finances to VC
- Faithfully observing weekly times of Sabbath rest
THE WEEK AHEAD:
Prayers of the Morning Office – every Monday-Friday at 7:00am in the sanctuary of St. E’s. All are welcome.
Spring Cleaning!See Tom Wuest if you’d like to help.
THIS COMING SUNDAY (2/19) – We’re on the move (for real)! Service will relocate to the sanctuary beginning next Sunday. Please plan to dress warmly! As we seek to faithfully steward this lovely, old building, we try to minimize use of the boiler to heat the sanctuary space, as it typically costs about $200 just to provide heat for a Sunday service (the boiler has to run the entire night before to make a difference). We’re working on some low-cost options to make the space comfortable, but please anticipate that it may be a bit less temperate next Sunday.
THIS COMING SUNDAY (2/19) – Consecration/Commissioning Service for Josh & Jill Stoxen to pastor Vineyard Central. POTLUCK FOLLOWING – please bring a soup, side, or dessert to share!
THIS COMING SUNDAY (2/19) – Easter Choir meeting in the upstairs gathering room at 5:00pm. Please come if you’re interested in singing with us on Easter Sunday! Email Drew Abbott at email@example.com with any questions.
VC Women’s Retreat – May 19-20 at the Convent Cost – $35 per person (includes overnight accommodations, available on limited, first-come basis). If you would like to attend or would like more information about the retreat, please see Jill Stoxen. If you are interested in sponsoring an attendee, or if you wish to request financial assistance or barter to offset retreat costs, please see Maurie Hanauer.
Easter Sunday – Baptism & Child Dedication – if you are interested in being baptized and/or participating in the child dedication on Easter Sunday, please see one of the elders. More information to come!
OTHER NEWS AROUND VC:
From Joshua Hanauer: Norwood Rugby needs your help! See me or email firstname.lastname@example.org for full details and creative ways to support this effort. Let’s go Rhinos!