Prayers of the Morning Office – every Monday-Friday at 7:00am in the sanctuary of St. E’s. All are welcome.
Spring Cleaning! – Begins THIS SATURDAY – Feb. 11th at 9:00am. Our building needs lots of TLC! See Tom Wuest if you’d like to help or JUST SHOW UP!
Monthly potluck – This month’s potluck will be after the February 19th service. Plan to bring a soup or side dish to share!
VC Women’s Retreat – May 19-20 at the Convent
Cost – $35 per person (includes overnight accommodations, available on limited, first-come basis). If you would like to attend or would like more information about the retreat, please see Jill Stoxen. A scholarship fund is being established to ensure that all ladies who want to attend are able to do so. Please see Angie Ferrell if you’re interested in contributing.
Easter Sunday – Baptism & Child Dedication – if you are interested in being baptized and/or participating in the child dedication on Easter Sunday, please see one of the elders. More information to come!
MINISTRY TEAM NEWS:
- Building Team — No meetings scheduled. See Greg York for more information.
- Children’s Team — Please sign up and plan to “shadow” for a week or two prior to observe how we’re using our time with the kids. See Karen Wuest or Liz Bruner for more information.
- Music/Worship Team — Those interested in music (singers and/or musicians – leading worship is not a requirement) see Tom Wuest or someone on the worship team for more information. Those interested in participating in the preparation of liturgy materials to be used in our weekly gatherings, please see Laura McNeel.
- Community Engagement Team — Serving our neighbors and neighborhood and fostering lasting, loving relationships. No meetings scheduled. See Mandy McLaughlin for more information.
OTHER NEWS AROUND VC:
From Joshua Hanauer: Norwood Rugby needs your help! We have several opportunities for the folks of VC to get involved in the lives of some fine young people in our neighborhood. See Joshua Hanauer or email email@example.com for full details and creative ways to support this effort. Let’s go Rhinos!
PRACTICES THAT MEMBERS COVENANT TO LIVE INTO:
- Partaking of eucharist (communion)
- Faithful participation in weekly gatherings and times of communal prayer
- Faithful service to the church and to the community in a specific, God-gifted role
- Faithful participation in discipling relationships (such as in small groups)
- Getting to know, and faithfully praying for, one’s immediate neighbors
- Faithfully assisting in VC-hosted community meals
- Faithful participation in decision making, including the selection of leaders
- Faithfully praying for VC and its leaders
- Faithfully giving at least 5% of one’s finances to VC
- Faithfully observing weekly times of Sabbath rest