Hi friends! On April 4 we’ll be gathering together to celebrate Easter Sunday. A big part of that celebration is the lunch we’ll share. It’s a pot luck, which means everyone gets to bring something to share and we all get to enjoy a delicious meal together … and it’s a surprise as to what we’ll be having, depending on what folks decide to bring : )
This is something where everyone can participate … everyone gets to play. Those who like to cook can cook. Those who don’t cook can stop at Kroger and pick something up that’s inexpensive. Kids can bake brownies or cookies. Folks can help set up the table, and clean up afterward. And we all get to enjoy food and family and friends together on a very special day.
So we’re asking that you think about how you can contribute. What can you bring to the table to share? There’s a list for signing up so we can get a picture of how things are coming together. We’d like to have a full table at this event. There are suggestions below if you’re not sure what to bring. Please take a moment to look it over and consider your contribution, then click on this link and let us know what you’re thinking.
- Meat (bake a ham or a roast or some chicken … bring a bucket of chicken … get cold cuts from Kroger … etc)
- Casserole (make something your family enjoys … meat or vegetarian … a pasta dish perhaps … etc)
- Side (green beans, corn, broccoli, some other vegetable or potato, potato salad from Kroger, baked beans … etc)
- Salad (put one together or get a bag salad and dump in a bowl)
- Bread (bake or buy)
- Dessert (bake or buy)
- Beverage (make a jug of tea or lemonade, pick up some bottled water, or just bring a pitcher you can put some water in … etc)
And we’ll also need a clean up crew. So please, check out the link and join the party!
This was a message from Jody Nixon